Become a Mentee
Interested in participating in one of our programs? Complete an online application below.
Once you submit your application we’ll be in touch to set up an informational interview.
To participate in CORE, you must live, work, or attend school in Frederick County, Maryland. To participate in STEM, you must live, work, or attend school in Frederick County or Carroll County, Maryland.
Assisting women who desire personal and professional guidance to help them move forward by providing a supportive environment for goal planning, skill building, and personal development. Our goal is to cultivate new relationships that foster increased confidence, self-sufficiency, and connection to our community. This is a free program.
Women in STEM
Connecting STEM women students with STEM women professionals as mentor and role models. Our goal is to cultivate new relationships that help women pursue and persist in STEM majors and careers. This is a free program.
WHAT TO EXPECT
To get the most out of the experience…
- BE CONSISTENT: Consistently meet with your mentor one-on-one. These getting-to-know-you meetings, build the foundation for your relationship and establish your partnership. Then your meetings will transition to be focused more on YOUR personal and professional development.
- CORE Program: You will meet with your mentor once per week.
- STEM Program: You will meet with your mentor at least one hour once per month.
- SHOW UP: Attend scheduled workshops 1 – 2 evenings per month. Workshops are usually 1.5-2 hours long and give you an opportunity to learn with, from, and about the other women in the group. Workshops are about gaining new information and skills, as well as building a community with the group.
- PUT EFFORT IN: You will get out of this program what you put into it! We provide great resources, support, and opportunities. It’s up to you to take advantage of them. We’ve seen mentees have great results in making decisions, putting ideas into action, getting unstuck, and moving forward in their lives. That’s what we want for you, too!