In June, W2WM hosted a career panel with local career and social media experts for current and past mentees and their mentors. If you missed out on the fun, allow me to introduce these wonderful women!
Now Is the Time To Apply!
Tammy Feaster, a staffing industry veteran with Spherion, gave us a rundown on the post-pandemic job market and hiring process. If you have been thinking about a change, now is a great time to search for a job. The market is booming and I would know! I received invitations for over 10 interviews in a span of 3 weeks, with a few inviting me back for another round.
Tammy’s Key Tips
- Don’t walk in to apply. Search for and apply to jobs on the company’s website, on job boards like Indeed, Monster, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, or Snagajob, or have your resume sent directly to a recruiter through a staffing service like Spherion.
- Tailor your resume to fit the exact language of the job description. Use the keywords!
- Keep your resume short with the most important info at the top. Statistics say employers only get through the top half of the first page before making their decision.
You can reach Tammy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you remember your strengths? Can you identify how you have used them in your career? Tiana R. Massaquoi is so passionate about strengths that she has become a certified Gallup CliftonStrengths Coach. Tiana shared a bit of her story with us and how focusing on her strengths has led her to both career success and personal fulfillment. If you’d like a one-on-one conversation on how you can better use your Gallup CliftonStrengths, contact Tiana at email@example.com.
Personal Branding in a Digital Space
Amanda Rodriguez is the Digital Marketing Specialist at the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce. Amanda is a published author and has a passion for creating value in social media content. She’s graciously offered a few pointers to making your personal brand on social media meaningful and engaging.
Amanda’s Key Tips
- Know your purpose and keep it authentic
- Be consistent
- Engage with your audience
- Be open to opportunities
Whether you’re looking for a new job, a Strengths Coach, to create a better social media presence, or all of the above, there are many talented women in the W2WM community who would love to help you. Please do not hesitate to reach out. Good luck!
About the Alumni Committee
The alumni committee is a group of volunteer alumni mentees and mentors supported by the W2WM Board of Directors. Our goals are to foster connections among alumni, to support continued personal growth and to give back to the organization. To get involved in the alumni committee or share ideas, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.