Are you someone who is passionate about helping ALL women thrive? Do you want to join our team of connectors, collaborators, supporters, guiders, uniters, and bridge-builders?
Apply to become the new Executive Director for Woman to Woman Mentoring
Founded in 2009 and becoming a non-profit 501(c)(3) in 2015, Woman to Woman Mentoring’s mission is to cultivate mentoring relationships that provide women with guidance, support, and community connections. Our innovative and effective programs serve women of all ages by combining the power of one-on-one mentoring community-building workshops and helping connect women so that they may work toward their goals in education, career, and life.
Woman to Woman Mentoring is a strong community of connectors, collaborators, nurturers, guiders, uniters, and bridge-builders. We believe in acceptance and understanding with a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) mindset in our strategic drivers. We use our platform to amplify the voices of others, affirm their value, and spotlight their strengths.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Woman to Woman Mentoring’s expansion and execution of its mission, programs, and staff. The position demands an autonomous work style while leading a small team of dedicated employees, overseeing two part-time employees and one full-time employee. The Executive Director is a connector, fundraiser, and community leader dedicated to increasing awareness of W2WM throughout Frederick and other Maryland counties. The Executive Director reports to a full Board of Directors through transparent communication and collaboration.
This position is hybrid but not an “at home” position, as most of the Executive Director’s working hours, both traditional and non-traditional, are dedicated to building and maintaining the organization’s in-person partnerships and relationships within the Frederick County, Maryland community
● Collaborate with the Board of Directors, leveraging exceptional written and verbal communication skills to ensure that the organization successfully fulfills its mission
● Enhance and expand programming by developing, maintaining, and supporting a strong, volunteer-led Board of Directors. Serve as an ex-officio member of each committee, seeking and building board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local operations
Leadership and Management:
● Lead, coach, develop, and retain W2WM’s high-performance staff (Senior Program Manager-FT, Development and Marketing Assistant-PT, and Program Coordinator-PT) and volunteer teams
● In collaboration with the Program Manager, increase our community awareness by supporting ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
● Ensure systems and processes are effectively tracking and evaluating program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
● Collaborating with the Board and volunteers, oversee one signature fundraising event (Clutch The Future Purse Auction) and other smaller fundraisers throughout the year
● Actively engage and energize W2WM volunteers, board members, committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
Financial Management, Sustainability, and Development:
● Work with the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee to draft and develop the annual budget, establish income and expense parameters, and determine specific expenditures within approved budget lines
● Collaborate with the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings while ensuring that the organization remains financially stable and sustainable for the long term
● Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and their expansion, including grant funding, private donations, and organizational financial opportunities
● Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and potential donors.
● In collaboration with the Development and Marketing Assistant, deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from digital marketing to external relations to create a stronger brand
● Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
● Lead, enlist, and organize fundraising campaigns and events (in coordination with Finance Committee)
Planning & New Business:
● Design, develop, and implement programs to expand the reach of programs into new markets that increase program participation.
● Identify and develop partnerships in new markets that establish relationships with funders and community leaders.
● Publish and communicate program results with an emphasis on the successes of the programs to both internal and external stakeholders.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to W2WM’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, mentoring, and/or relationship management experience specific to the empowerment and growth of women. Concrete, demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
● Ability to work autonomously while leading a small team of dedicated professionals
● A servant-leader that actively empowers W2WM to develop policies and perform actions dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs dedicated to women in Frederick and surrounding counties
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
● An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning and implementation
● Passionate, collaborative, mission-driven, and self-directed
Education and Experience
● BA/BS degree with at least five (5) years of management experience or a graduate degree with at least three (3) years of management experience
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams
● Experience in developing an annual budget, establishing income and expense parameters, and determining specific expenditures within approved budget lines
● High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board members, volunteers, and donors
● Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
● Exceptional fundraising experience in diverse income streams (grants, private and public donors, events, etc.)
● Commitment/success in engaging diverse board members, participants, and funders
● Proven experience and success working with a Board of Directors in a non-profit space with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
● A track record of effectively leading performance and outcomes-based organizations and staff
● An ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience but will fall within $70K-$80K per year with a 401K matching plan and paid time off. This position is classified as hybrid; however, the ED must be active and present at community events within non-traditional (evenings and weekends) hours. W2WM has an office located on the campus of Frederick Community College. The position is classified as a full-time position working 35 hours per week.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, and individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for this position. A diverse team fosters innovation, creativity, and better problem solving, and we are excited to build a team that reflects the rich tapestry of our society.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that details your qualifications for the position to the Chair of the Board of Directors, Andi Overton: email@example.com