Are you someone who is passionate about helping ALL women thrive? Do you want to join our team of connectors, collaborators, supporters, guiders, uniters, and bridge-builders.
Join our team as our Development and Marketing Assistant
(apply by April 24, 2022)
This position will be a key member of the organization’s team helping to drive fundraising and communication strategy and growth. The Development & Marketing Assistant will provide development, administrative, and implementation support for all fundraising and marketing activities, including donor and public relations, social media management, communication strategy, and special events.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
Hybrid (Remote/In-office each week); Part-time (20-25 hours per week)
(Position may have the option to extend to a full-time position in the future)
HOURLY RATE: $20/hour
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Volunteers and Interns as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee to develop and implement an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes prospects, individual donors, corporations, foundations, and events.
- Maintain records and data entry of mentees, donors, vendors, and other organization partners.
- Develop and implement aspects of direct donor solicitations and communications for various channels (print, social media, web, mail, email, video).
- Develop and support strategies and activities to ensure proper acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship of donors.
- Assist Executive Director in communicating with members of the Board of Directors around key meetings, cultivation efforts, and other fundraising priorities.
- Assist in grant writing and proposal submissions.
- Remain current on best practices for fundraising efforts, guidelines, and procedures used in the nonprofit sector to guide and inform the program’s development strategic goals.
Marketing & Communications
- Support the development of year-long content for various marketing efforts and platforms.
- Assist in implementing W2WM’s marketing/social media strategies to achieve brand awareness and engagement goals; including monitoring and reporting on performance
- Maintain W2WM website (wordpress)
- Implement communications with CRM (Airtable, Bloomerang, Constant Contact).
- Maintain and manage communications calendar and production of online and collateral materials/publications (impact report, e-newsletters, blog, event programs).
- Support fundraising events to ensure successful guest experience and development goals met
- Assist in recruiting, scheduling, and organizing volunteers for events.
- Attend and support evening/weekend events as needed.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERFORMANCE:
- Work successfully with diverse individuals with a variety of work and communication styles, both internally and externally.
- Be diligent, timely, and professional with all communications to stakeholders, volunteers, and constituents (including website, email, and phone inquiries).
- Ability to prioritize organizational needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to handle frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong storytelling writing skills
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of local community resources to access services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, cloud databases, and email marketing tools
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant experience may substitute for a formal degree.
- May be required to lift up to 15 pounds at times; accommodations available if needed
- Continually required to use full range of body motion, including manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, hearing and speaking
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and use a keyboard
- Sometimes required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, including standing, sitting, bending, and stooping
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and supporting materials at bit.ly/jointheW2WMteam by April 24, 2022.
QUESTIONS: Ashley Waters, firstname.lastname@example.org
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Woman to Woman Mentoring, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Woman to Woman Mentoring, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.